Date updated: March 29, 2021
Plato's Ladder is a for-profit business. On any Plato's Ladder sites, we trust that our spaces are being used for legal, respectful, and generally trustworthy purposes. While using any of these sites, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. The policy is updated based on the date provided above. Plato's Ladder has the full right to modify these terms based on our discretion. If you do not agree to any of the terms, provided herein, please do not interact with or follow any of Plato's Ladder sites.
Plato's Ladder's role
1. Scope of Terms. By visiting or accessing any Plato's Ladder sites, including platosladder.com, Plato's Ladder applications, Plato's Ladder social media profiles, and/or any sites (“Plato's Ladder sites”) created and managed by Nikita Coulombe LLC (“Plato's Ladder”), you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions pertaining to your use of any content provided, accessed, or distributed on any Plato's Ladder sites (“Content”). User judgment is advised when using Plato's Ladder sites. Because mature themes are featured throughout Plato's Ladder sites, Plato's Ladder sites may not be appropriate for children.
Interacting with Plato's Ladder sites
3. Posting Content. You represent and warrant that any material you post to Plato's Ladder sites, does not infringe another party’s intellectual property rights or any applicable national or local law that may apply regarding the posting of material. You also agree that any Content you post will not infringe on any third-party right, including copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity, or other intellectual property rights, and will not slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy or publicity of any other person. If you submit any Content to Plato's Ladder sites (translations, questions, comments, or otherwise) you understand and agree that it may be used by Plato's Ladder sites for any reason throughout the world without requirement or consent and that Plato's Ladder may edit your Content as long as the meaning is preserved. You agree that you provide a license for Plato's Ladder to use your Content worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and perpetual, non-revocable license for Plato's Ladder to use in whatever way Plato's Ladder deems appropriate throughout the world in whole or in part, in any media platforms available now or developed in the future. You are required to follow and be familiar with the Community guidelines. If you post material or misuse Plato's Ladder sites in a way that infringes on another party’s intellectual property rights, or these policies, you understand that we may remove the posting and that you agree to indemnify Plato's Ladder based on the indemnification provided below.
4. Plato's Ladder values the participation of its audience. The guidelines below seek to protect the free exchange of ideas as well as ensure a respectful space for discussion on Plato's Ladder sites.
When submitting an inquiry or leaving a comment, we ask that you:
Ensure that your comment is constructive, respectful, and/or encourages healthy discussion.
Ensure that your comment is clear and concise.
Support what you say with sources when appropriate.
Comment removal. From time to time, comments are removed from Plato's Ladder sites. The following are some of the reasons why a comment gets removed:
Not appropriate for Plato's Ladder audience: pseudoscience, zealotry, personal requests, proselytizing, and self-promotion are not acceptable.
Inappropriate language: chat-room banter, text-speak, combatively postured comments, calls for violence, and violating another person's privacy are not acceptable.
Monopolizing the conversation: excessively posting the same comment or link will result in the removal of all comments containing the duplicated material.
Stereotyping: sweeping generalizations of any group or individual based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or age will be removed.
Gossip: don’t post false information, rumors, or hearsay.
Harassment and moderation. Plato's Ladder may block any user at any time for any reason.
Harassing or attacking the Plato's Ladder team will result in potential blocking and/or reporting the incident to the authorities.
Copyright issues and licenses
5. DMCA Notice. While Plato's Ladder strives to ensure all ideas posted are thoughtful, based on facts, and do not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion when Content is provided by other parties and/or may include material that infringes on the copyright another third-party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on any Plato's Ladder sites infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that Content on Plato's Ladder sites infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Plato's Ladder a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
Your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
Sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed.
Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow Plato's Ladder to locate the material on the site.
A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; such as, “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; such as, “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to
6. License to Plato's Ladder Content. Plato's Ladder's articles and recordings are owned by Plato's Ladder, provided on platosladder.com and any other site or platform that we manage or license to. Links to Plato's Ladder Content may be shared freely, however, unless otherwise indicated by Plato's Ladder, you agree not to republish or distribute any Plato's Ladder Content for commercial use or monetary gain without Plato's Ladder's prior written authorization.
Legal risk and responsibilities
7. No Warranties. All Content (including but not limited to: articles, videos, podcasts etc.) is made available AS IS and Plato's Ladder does not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that the Content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. Plato's Ladder is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any Content.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL PLATO'S LADDER OR ITS PARENT ORGANIZATION, OWNER, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OF, USE OR INABILITY TO USE PLATO'S LADDER CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NON-DELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.